Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Thing #01

Strength:
Habit 2 - Accept responsibility for your own learning
If I receive an undesirable grade on an assignment or test, I am not one to point the finger at the teacher being unfair or blame some external force in my environment for the downfall.  A poor mark is but a challenge to improve.

Weakness:
Habit 5 - Create your own learning toolbox
I rarely create any methods or tools to assist in my learning.  I do not go beyond the class notes (if I even take those) by making such things as flashcards or organized notes that are typed up on my computer.  By creating more tools for my own learning, I will become better prepared in providing my students with creative methods to assist their learning.

What I hope to learn . . .
I hope to expand my knowledge of the tools available on the Internet that can assist me within the classroom.  I often find myself visiting the same few websites each time I surf the web, and I cannot help but wonder about all that I am overlooking.  Through the 23 Things, I am confident that I will become better prepared in keeping up to date on the latest technology that is increasingly becoming second nature for many students.  My experience with setting up this blog assists in my trust that I will learn several simple tools that will be useful for me as an educator and my future students.  Blogs are easy as pie, and pie is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment