Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thing #14

Gliffy

This flowchart website works great.  After reading a few brief tips, handling the shapes and connections became easy as pie.  Mine only uses the classic shapes and connections, but the site provides several tools for people to use to make an attractive and effective flowchart.  I based my chart on a TN State Standard that involves figurative language in the 9th Grade.  I plan on speaking about this subject in my podcast.


 

MindMeister

Mind maps are great for brainstorming ideas, especially when planning to write a paper.  One general subject can branch out into several ideas that can have their own sub-connections.  Relationships are everywhere, and a mind map help make a visual image of those connections.  I made a simple one of the many subjects that lie within being an English teacher, such as teaching poetry, Shakespeare, grammar, MLA, and more.  I did not find as much freedom or user-friendly controls in MindMeister as I did with Gliffy.  The website still works well.


No comments:

Post a Comment