Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thing #11

Of the three search tools, I find Technorati to be the most accessible for my needs.  It allows me to search for a specific posts or blogs in general.  By clicking on each result, a brief description is given in regards to the blog.  I find this feature to be quite useful as I attempt to decide whether or not viewing the actual site will be worth my time and fit my interests.

When using the Google Blog Search, I was often lost and unsure at what exactly I was looking.  I wasted a lot of time clicking on sites that did not match for what I had searched, and I it continued to fail even when I allowed it several chances to work for me.

The final searching tool called Topix provided slightly better results than Google, but I still felt lost in the results as I searched for blogs in which I may be interested.  Another reason Topix failed to meet my needs was the large number of advertisements, and I even experienced some popups.  This was not the type of search site that I wanted.

I found an interesting blog that is very political, but at the same time, it has wonderful photography of birds and nature.  Also, the blogger throws in some poems with the other random topics that are covered.  Crime poetry is interesting to say the least.  On the other hand, I discovered some useful blogs, like Notes From A Homeschooled Mom and Teacher Beat.  They both offer important information and useful tips for teachers in the field and preparing for the field.

One way that I enjoy finding other blogs is by clicking on "Next Blog" at the top of the Blogger browser.  I am randomly transported to a whole new world:  some strange, some great.  So many blogs, so little time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment