Sunday, June 16, 2013

Thing #12

Google Alerts

This is a great tool that can especially be utilized by educators.  The latest results concerning a specific topic can be emailed straight to the individual without having to search and find regularly.  For fun, I put the subject "JaMarcus Russell" in as my Google Alert.  He is an Oakland Raiders quarterback draft bust who is seeking a second chance in the NFL.


It allows me to choose the volume of results, which I chose "Only the best results."  I also selected to be notified "As-it-happens."  Therefore, I am always up to date on the latest news.  This is an excellent tool that assists people on the latest and best in their areas of choice.

Picasa Web Albums

This tool is very similar to Flickr and just as easy.  Someone can easily search for images with specific tags, and uploading pictures is made easy for the user.  Since my Blogger is connected to a Google account, all of the images I have uploaded in my posts are on a Picasa Web Album.


Google provides several tools to its users that are interconnected and user friendly.  It helps with organization, and resources are right at people's fingertips.  Google is certainly more than just a search engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment